The 2023 high school football season in Alabama is just about to kick off, and fans are buzzing with anticipation. Teams all over the state are getting ready to take the field, and there’s a lot of talent to watch out for. Want to know who to keep an eye on? Here are the top 10 Alabama high school football seniors players this year, as ranked by 247Sports:
Class of 2024 Top 10 Alabama High School Football Seniors
Get ready, Alabama high school football fans! Here’s a closer look at some of the top players to watch as they head into their senior year for the 2023 season:
1. Jordan Ross, Vestavia Hills (Defensive End) – A towering figure at 6’4″ and 230 pounds, Ross is Alabama’s top player and ranks 12th in the nation. Last year, he made 49 tackles and 2.5 sacks, leading his team to the state playoffs’ second round.
2. Perry Thompson, Foley (Wide Receiver) – Standing 6’3″ and weighing 202 pounds, Thompson has committed to Auburn and holds a 14th national ranking. He’s also had offers from Alabama, Georgia Tech, Miami, and Tennessee.
3. Cam Coleman, Central (Phenix City) (Wide Receiver) – Also 6’3″ and 180 pounds, Coleman is committed to Texas A&M and ranks 17th nationally.
4. Jaylen Mbakwe, Clay-Chalkville (Pinson) (Athlete) – At 5’11” and 170 pounds, Mbakwe has committed to Alabama and holds the 20th spot in the national rankings.
5. Demarcus Riddick, Chilton County (Clanton) (Linebacker) – This 6’2″, 212-pound linebacker, committed to Auburn, ranks 46th in the nation.
6. JacQawn McRoy, Clay-Chalkville (Pinson) (Offensive Tackle) – A massive 6’8″, 365-pound player, McRoy has committed to Oregon and ranks 58th nationally.
7. Bradley Shaw, Hoover (Linebacker) – Shaw, standing 6’1″ and weighing 216 pounds, is uncommitted but has 26 offers, including from Alabama and Clemson. Bradle ranked 59th nationally.
8. Jeremiah Beaman, Parker (Birmingham) (Defensive Lineman) – Committed to Alabama, Beaman, who is 6’4″ and 265 pounds, holds the 71st national ranking.
9. Kevin Riley, a running back from Tuscaloosa County (Northport), stands at 5’11” and weighs 195 pounds. Kevin Riley committed to Miami and holds a national rank of 104.
10. Joseph Phillips, Booker T. Washington (Tuskegee) (Defensive End) – Phillips, at 6’2″ and 250 pounds, is committed to Auburn and ranks 149th in the country.
These players have proven their skills on the field and will surely be ones to watch as they enter their senior year. A mix of committed and uncommitted talents, along with a wide array of offers from prestigious programs, sets Alabama’s high school football scene to be more thrilling than ever.
Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just enjoy watching a good game, the upcoming season promises excitement, skill, and competition at its best.